RECHARTER / ADVANCEMENT
Internet Rechartering will be available again this year for all units. The Online Charter Renewal Process enables unit leaders to complete the majority of the process online. The signed paperwork and fees still need to come to the council office. The benefits of online chartering are:
- Easier review / update of existing membership.
- Reduced chance of errors due to duplicate data entry.
- Automatic Notification of step by step completion during the process; ability to save and return.
- Complete at your convenience in front of your home computer.
ONLINE CHARTER RENEWAL STEPS
Before you begin:
- Make sure you have the charter renewal packet for your unit, the packet will have a letter with your individual unit’s internet recharter code. (This code changes every year.)
- To complete the online process, you must have a computer with an internet connection, Windows XP or higher, have Internet Explorer 6.0 or better with a minimum screen resolution of 800×600, and be connected to a printer to print the final report for signatures. If you are new to internet charter renewal or are have a questions, it is recommended you go through the tutorial located on the home page.
- Review and update current address and contact information for all youth and adult members.
- Gather copies of any applications on any new Scouts or leaders you have not turned in to the Council Office.
NOW YOU ARE READY TO GET ONLINE
Go to https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/ui/home/ to fill out your form.